AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum
Re: Discussion Forum on African American Genealogy
In Response To: Re: Discussion Forum on African American Genealogy ()
What do you feel is the greatest benefit of belonging to a genealogical society?
Fellowship and education
1) Are you a member of an African American genealogy society or interest group?
No, I'm trying to start an African American Genealogy society here in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
2) Where did you learn about the Roundtable Group taking place?
3) Do you participate in your local society beyond the regular meetings?
No, meetings are during the week in the early afternoon. Difficult to attend.
4) Is there a society within a 20 minute drive from your home?
5) Have you ever researched at a campus archives at an historically black college or university
Not yet. Hope to do so in the future. Some day I hope to visit Claflin. My grandmother attended there.
Messages In This Thread