Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

1940 Census - My Joines Family Found

Since the 1940 census has been released, I have been so busy I just haven't had time to wade through the images even with knowing the ED. This am I woke up early and decided to take a look through at least two of the possible districts. I went through the first about 27 pages and started the second about 24 pages and halfway through, there they were!

Layton and Geneva Joines. I know that their last name will get transcribed incorrectly because it looks like Joints.

This is my great grandparents. A very large family and I even see some children that I did not know about and don't see one that I think would have been there. The funny thing about seeing the children's names are that my dad has always told me that his dad had a brother named "Cheraw" At least that's what it sounded like he was saying. Well, when I look there is a son "Juro" This must be him. Now the odd thing is that my grandfather was born Thomas Jarrett but changed his name later to Leroy Burch. Burch is his mother's maiden name. Now, this is what confuses me, listed in the 1940 census is a son "Leroy" who is age 9. This Leroy is not him because my grandfather was born before 1921. More work to do.

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it.

Have a great day everyone!

Regina

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy