Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: In Memory of Lulabell Sinclair Martin

Wow, I wrote this memory story and when I posted the only thing that came up was the photo. Didn't want to type it all again, but I heard Aunt Lulabell saying "Don't Give Up" one of her poems that she wrote. Ok, Aunt Lulabell, here goes:

Aunt Lulabell is not my my grandmother, but she is my grandmother's sister. My grandmother, Nina Sinclair Burch died in 1946 way before my birth. I never grew up with a grandmother. My other grandmother died in 1950.

Although I found Aunt Lulabell in 2004, she is the closest that I will probably come to a real grandmother. She embraced me as if I was one of her grandchildren and loved me unconditionally from our very first conversation. She told me that she loved me and she was for real because I felt what she was saying.

We never got to meet each other face to face. I found her in 2004 and it was unfortunate that I did not see her until her funeral in 2006. She was quite anxious to meet me but so many things kept coming up.

Our special time was our Sunday phone conversations. She loved to talk and she taught me how to enjoy a conversation. She taught me so much over the phone. I learned so much from her. She taught me so much on how to make sure you took care of your husband. When she said my name I felt so special. She would say, "What's on the rail for the lizard?" Then she would say "Regggiiinna. No one could ever say my name like that.

She had the biggest heart ever. She had many grandchildren and great grandchildren and each one of them had a place in her heart. She always gave you a chance. She was not a gossiper and would always tell you what she thought though. She was always helping someone. She loved her church, her church family and looked out for so many people. This lady mailed out cards to all of the sick folks on the sick list just about every few months. She brought the cards and her own stamps.

I desired so much to meet her face to face but for some reason it just never worked out so we just relied on our phone time together. I used to tease her and tell her to never give any of my hugs away and she always replied back that my hugs were only for me. So, after her death, my heart ached that I never got to hug her. She came to me in a dream and she gave me the best hug ever.

Awww, I missed her so much. This was a woman whose young grandson taught her how to read. This woman went on and wrote poems. If you read them you would never know that she did not have a high school education.

In memory of you today, Aunt Lulabell Sinclair Martin, daughter of Arthur Daniel Sinclair and Vinie Brown.

Regina

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy