Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Afrigeneas.com at AAHGS
In Response To: Afrigeneas.com at AAHGS ()

Cynthia, I think this is a great post. And, I think you hit the nail on the head at least two times.

It is up to the collective community of Afrigeneans to talk up site when the opportunity presents itself: evangelize! I believe that many Afrigeneans do it, but for those that are sitting on the bench, we encourage you to get in the game. As Art said you surely don't need to be a forum manager, or even know everything about the site to share the good news. I do volunteer research help sessions at 2 local libraries and when I get black visitors, we almost inevitably discuss Afrigeneas to some degree.

The 2nd key point I believe you touched on is that local libraries are the "gathering point" for many researchers. The knowledge level of the staff varies considerably at these places when it comes to AA genealogy, and educating them on the topic in general and this great website in particular will pay huge dividends. I for one am going to give serious consideration to giving a free "public service announcement" on Afrigeneas later this year, perhaps during Family History Month.

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy