Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Me & My Tree - My Vision

A few months ago I went ot sleep and received a vision about teaching children about genealogy. My vision was clear as to what I was to do. With the clearance of my Pastor, in honor of Black History month I will be teaching all of our children at church basic genealogy for the 4 Sundays in February.

I have called it "Me & My Tree". For the whole month of February we will go on a journey to learn about God's family tree and learn about their own family tree and history. I'm excited and a little nervous. There will be about 25+ children. I have all types of activities ready for them including keeping journals, doing mock censuses, doing a 4 generation tree and making family chains that include family members that they will be praying for the whole month. The children are getting excited and some parents wish they could come to the classes. Our last Sunday we will display all our projects and invite the congregation after service to come down and see what all they have learned.

So, my AfriGeneas Family, please pray for me as I go forth with thus says the Lord. I have no budget for this personal vision, but God is providing. I have been doing some bartering and taking advantage of all types of resources.

Peace & blessings
Regina

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy