Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: My Who Do You Think You Are Episode

Very interesting, ProfressorDru. I will be reading each new blog entry of yours about your Uncle Andy B.

My husband's family has a similar mystery about one of his father's younger brothers, Rush Adams. He was born in 1907 in NC and is only found in the 1910 census with his siblings and parents. At least you have Uncle Andy B's draft reg card and other documents and oral family history. Who knows what happened to my husband's Uncle Rush Adams? The only oral history clue we have is from my brother-in-law who remembers hanging out during his youth with one of Rush's sons. My brother-in-law can't remember his cousin's name, or the name of Rush's wife. In fact, I believe that Rush is a nickname, so what is his real given name? We only know that he was an accountant or a CPA and he once lived in D.C.

I'll be reading your blog entries about your Uncle Andy B in order to gain some new direction about my own research on Uncle Rush Adams. Is there something wrong with NC that causes some of our ancestors to leave the state without any clues as to where they went? Don't they know we're looking for them? ;)

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy