Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Who Do You Think You Are? (corrected link)

I didn't join the online chat while viewing WDYTYA because I wanted to give my full attention to the show. It was intriguing, and I prefer the concept of concentrating on one person's genealogy and research instead of bouncing between several in a group.

Of course, I can't wait until the family trees of Emmitt Smith and Spike Lee are revealed, but it moves me to tears sometimes to see ANYone ooh and ahh over their ancestral connections.

Ms. Parker's reactions may have been staged, they may have been genuine. I happen to think they were genuine, but she is an actress and professionally trained NOT to hide her feelings. Display them for the camera! That's what I think, anyway. But since she is an actress, don't be surprised if we don't see some kind of production in the future with her starring as her ancestor who narrowly escaped the Salem Witch Trials. Remember actor Richard Dreyfuss in the cable movie about his most famous ancestor wrongfully banished to Devil's Island?

Even though I prefer WDYTYA's format over Dr. Gates' format, I was surprised to thoroughly enjoy learning about the advances made in mapping out the human genome in the latest airing of "Faces of America". Perhaps we will soon see everyday folks having their family trees researched and revealed. More appropriately, the deserving and learned folks who created this (Afrigeneas) wonderful site?

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy