Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Update - Cauley/Cawley - Found Info

I took some time today to really search for the Lark/L.E. Cauley family. Although the card has L.E. Cauley's name spelled as "Cauley" I have found him in the 1930 census. It seems that L.E. stands for "Lee E."

I found Lee E in the 1930 Federal Census living in Lincoln County Arkansas in Crane Creek. He was 7 years old living with grandparents, Lewis and Elise "Cawley." Lewis is 74, Elise is 55. Also in the household is son Benjamin, and son Willie. Listed as grandchildren are Lee age 7, Alice age 5, Ethel age 3 and Johnie age 2 1/12. Lewis and Elise were also found in 1920 in Crane Creek again as "Lewis and Alsie Cauley." Living with them are 6 of their children. I have not been able to determine who Lee's parents were.

I found Lee E in the SSDI and also found where he was buried. There is a photo of his headstone in Little Rock National Cemetry.
Lee E. Cawley
PFC
US Arm
WW II
7/16/1921
9/17/1992

I also saw some info on a Lark Cawley who was born in Tennessee in Gibson County which is the area that my Aunt Eddie Mae was from. This was a different family. I still have not gotten a response back from the letter I sent to the lady that I believe is Aunt Eddie Mae's daughter.

I'll check Arkansas's death certificate info to see if I can get a copy to confirm Lee's parents.

It's amazing how that one photo as been able to grow into more information.

Regina

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy