Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

DONATE OLD FILES

8) Do you have some books or CD's that are of no use anymore for your family research? Periodically I go through my cabinets and find stuff I just 'knew I had to have' only to realize there was just a chapter or name of interest. Maybe you have gone to a Historical Society or Archives and saw books donated. I am suggesting instead of letting them collect dust call your state Archives of interest tell them what you have and ask if they would like the items. I have been so greatful to find old year books with a picture of my father and mother at age 16. There were no pictures in the family for my father. I've also stumbled on information about the community of interest in a small booklet on one of those shelves. Family members may not know what to do with all of our 'stuff' that helped us research family. I have donated a lot to the Old Edgefield Genealogy Society in SC. Haven't been able to travel there yet, but maybe one day it will happen. This is where my 1st documented grgr Grandma was 1st found on a census, 1850. So instead of throwing stuff out, donate it. You can also use donations and postage mailings as a tax deduction. Help those future researcher's find family.

Messages In This Thread

DONATE OLD FILES
Re: DONATE OLD FILES
Last Will and Testament

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy