Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Research Trips--'09, '10
In Response To: Re: Research Trips--'09, '10 ()

:) I am hoping that by posting this idea, someway there just might be a society that would be interested in helping. In my city the information about trips are available at the library only. So you have to be there to sift threw the flyers lying around. On Afrigeneas many more people are on the net from all over the world. Organizing this would be a big responsibility. Something I would not be interested in doing. People will promise 'invisible money's' if you know what I mean. I've sort of been responsible for something similar. It's a big headache. I've found that by by suggesting a hotel, negotiating a rack rate for member's, with the hotel for a group works. Then there is also those discounts some people will know about to pass on to the mass...ex. AAA, AARP, hotel frequent member discounts. Everybody is responsible for their own cost. This is something that I am looking for. Traveling alone isn't always a good idea. It's best to be where someone is aware of you being in town. In my city the society gave discounts to people who joined in order to travel and do research and this was to Utah. We all had to book our own flights. The hotel booked yearly is right behind the Utah research library, so cars were not needed. But that's the only place they go. I need to travel elsewhere. For the upcoming years, I would suggest any society who would be organizing a research trip to post and do so 1 year in advance. We seniors need time to get our funds together.I have no problem in joining a society to get discounted travel. And a built in charge for the societies time in organizing is also acceptable. Afrigeneas is a place to do this. Maybe there can be a forum just for research areas and dates available. I could work with that.

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy