Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: African Americans of Salisbury NC

Good morning Joseph,

No, my file only has the vital facts. Not much notes because I never met my paternal family and so therefore not much stories to contribute. I think it's because I was not raised around African American's and came from North Dakota...I get the "looks" if ya know what I mean. That was my motivation for studying/researching my family history.
Just like your father, mine was "fast" too. He's left children all over with 4 different mother's. It was just a few years ago my sister (1 of 3 from his 2nd wife) and I learned of a sister who was born 10 years earlier than I and of a brother from yet another mother. The three sisters I have never met and my full sister and I always knew the the other existed, but this news was a shock! I was 'supposed' to be the first...HA!! What's bad is that while married to wife no.2 he had two different women pregnant and each gave birth within 3 months of the other and this is where the unknown brother came in. Anyways there is a good side of this story in that a few weeks ago my eldest sister happened to attend the same funeral as this younger brother and his mother. She realized after speaking to them who he was. She told the other sister who called me and within 3 hours the brother called me!! I couldn't believe how much we had in common! Sad thing is he never knew about ANY of us...period...until that funeral. All this time he didn't even know he was just blocks away from our father. He tried to call him and he heard in the background "tell him I'm not here".

How messed up is that???

Vera

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy