Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: 2nd Cousin Melvin O Eubanks was a Tuskegee Airman

George,

Cooper, Edward M. 45-F-TE 9/8/1945 2nd Lt. 02080879 Sharon LA is also on the list of Tuskegee Airmen. He possibly could have been one of our cousins, Eddie Cooper, who was born Dec 1899 in Ouachita LA. Eddie's mother was a Perkins and his father was a Cooper. I don't yet know his parents' first names, though, but I'm working on it --- questioning my mom and such. Would it be possible when you meet with Mr. Robert W. Lawrence, that you could ask him if he remember anything about an Edward M. Cooper?

In 1945, he listed his hometown as Sharon, LA. Sharon, I believe, is in Baton Rouge Parish, LA. That is where many of our Perkins relatives chose to remain and still live today. If Eddie and Edward are the same person and if Mr. Lawrence has any photos he is willing to share, I would be happy to purchase any. I hate to intrude on your meeting with Mr. Lawrence, but I cannot get to Santa Fe myself. A direct reply or info can be emailed to me, parkin24@afrigeneas.net or walada52@comcast.net. Thank you, George, and here's hoping for you to have a nice meeting with Mr. Lawrence.

One of my daughters' relatives was also a Tuskegee Airman:
Groves, Weldon K 43-F-SE 6/30/1943 2nd Lt. 0805985 Edwardsville KS

Georgia Walker-Adams

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy