Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: One For The Ages
In Response To: One For The Ages ()

Hi, Spivey:

What you are experiencing is the "out-of-state relative/heir info blockout". What I strongly urge you to do is keep track of your correspondences and responses. Take all of them to an attorney in your area and ask them to help you get an atty in GA to represent you. I did that too late back in 2000 after my dad died. I trusted the bank's atty in IL (where my dad had his trust acct) to honor the terms of the trust agreement and divide the funds 50/50 to my half-sister and me. Before the six-month period ended, I was able to connect with an IL atty through a CA atty. But my claim wound up being filed ONE day TOO late.

The legal community in GA will remain closed to you until you get a GA atty to help you. It might already be too late because you mentioned something about you should have done something different years ago. How long has it been since your grandmother died?

Again, I strongly urge you to seek the help of an atty in your area in order to get to an atty in GA. It took me nine years of letter and email writing and silence and rejections before enlisting the aid of a CA atty. He got me an IL atty in ONE day! If you're out-of-state, believe me, they will throw up that wall of silence on you.

Been there, done that...

Georgia Walker-Adams

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy