Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Developing Timelines
In Response To: Re: Developing Timelines ()

and to top it off, I have never seen the name Spivey until you started posting. Yesterday I ran across this obit. It may be of interest to you.
Vicky
--------------

Kimes, Louise Spivey

Funeral services for Louise Spivey Kimes, 89, are scheduled for 2 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 20, 2007, in the Chapel of Waltrip Funeral Home in Houston. Burial will follow at Woodlawn Cemetery. Mrs. Kimes died Jan. 12, 2007, at the home of her daughter in Tucson, Ariz. Mrs. Kimes was born to Richard and Adelia Spivey in Shawnee, Okla. on March 20, 1917. She married L. Albert Kimes on July 3, 1937, and they had six children. She was a founding member of Chapelwood United Methodist Church in Houston where she taught Sunday School, Vacation Bible school, and was a member of United Methodist Women. For nearly 30 years, as a volunteer, she taught the pre-school children of Wesley House Community Center in Houston, a project of the Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church. She also served on its board of directors. Survivors include her daughters, Charlotte Speers of Tucson, Gail K Beil of Marshall, Kathy Gutierrez of Houston; sons, Louis Kimes of San Augustine and Lloyd Kimes of Houston; sister, Hazel Martin of Kansas City, Kan., and her sister-in-law, Frances Kimes of Houston; 24 grandchildren, 41 great-grandchildren and five great-great grandchildren; and numerous foster children, stepchildren, cousins and friends. There will be family visitation from 6 to 8 p.m. at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in her memory to the building fund at Chapelwood, 11140 Greenbay, Houston, 77024.

Published in The Marshall News Messenger on 1/15/2007.

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy