Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Developing Timelines
In Response To: Re: Developing Timelines ()

Hi, Ed. My maiden surname is Spivey. My married surname is Edwards. Hence, the moniker 'SpiveyEdwards'. My father, my sisters and I were born in Macon, Bibb County, Georgia.

We subsequently lived in Miami [Liberty City], Dade County, Florida before moving to Queens County, New York around 1958. I met some of my father's cousins in Brooklyn, Kings County, New York. I believe they were members of the Masons. My uncle Claude also went from Macon to Miami to New York. I don't know which brother led the way.

Here is what I know about my paternal heritage:

Claud Spivey married Mary Jane Murray [who was of Native American ancestry]. On the 1920 Federal census, they lived at 909 Ash Street, Macon, Bibb County, Georgia, with their three sons: Henry, Claude and Wiley [my father].

Claud Spivey registered for the WWI draft in September, 1918. I have a copy of his registration card on my website.

This is the sum total of the information I have been able to find on my father's parents, and his brother Henry. I have a bit more information about my father and his brother Claude.

If any of this matches information you may have, please let me know.

Thanks

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy