Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: The value of having a personal website

I started on my personal website a few years ago and had just a few things on it, but I withdrew it when I changed ISPs and moved to a different city. I haven't had a chance to do a new website, but I do have my tree posted at Rootsweb and have met oodles of new cousins and folks researching various parts of my tree. My tree not only contains my direct lines, but many collateral lines that I just couldn't help but research (all of that info was there right in front of me while doing my my own ancestors,I just had to research their husbands/wives, too) and I have been utterly amazed at how many people have been looking for info on their families that I just happened to have researched. And on top of that, a couple of cousins have set up family websites where each of us contributes something to feature online, and we have lots of photos and family histories and stories and tributes (one of our cousins died recently in Iraq), so it really is quite a great deal of fun and informative to boot.

Deloris

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy