Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Daugherty, Laura, Kaufman, Texas

Hey Julie!

Thanks for responding. I live in Denver, CO, so it's tough for me to get stuff done. I have relatives in Dallas and Houston, but they are not interested enough in the family to do the homework.

I know of all of the people you mentioned below. David Daugherty is Laura's son. I'm not sure where the name Brooks came from. I don't know if it's her maiden name or what, but I have heard of it. I know she married Neal Daugherty in the late 1800s. However, he vanishes. I don't know if he died, left or what. Neal is David's father. However, Fannie Daugterty Hill, my ggrandmother was Laura's first child and fathered my a white man by the name of Dr. Monday or Munday, not sure of the spelling. Those I'm really interested in are 1) any information on Laura Brooks? Daugherty. I've been told she came from Nacadoches (speling), Texas. She was "given" to Dr. Munday. After she became pregnant, by Munday, she "ran away" to Kaufman where she met Neal. 2) Another person of REAL interest is Walter Hill, Sr. He would be my ggrandfather and married to Fannie Daugherty Hill. One of their children, Elzena was my grandmother. The family has zero information on him, other than he died in the mid to late 1920s of tuberculosis. It is said he contracted tuberculosis in a fire at his work place. He used to work for a tannery in Kaufman. We don't know where he was born, did he have siblings, who his parents were, etc. Fannie, died during child birth a few years earlier. The child lived, but she didn't. The doctors told her she was going to die, so it wasn't a surprise. We don't know what she died of. I am some what interested in Dr. Munday. Who he was and where he came from. I believe I saw that he came from Germany and was in the civil war on the south's side.

I am willing to pay you for whatever you find out. Let me know what your rates are.

Sincerely,

Dean

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy