Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Daugherty, Laura, Kaufman, Texas

I am a Genealogist from Kaufman County. I am not a professional. It is a hobby for me and I like to help people when I can. A big aid for Kaufman County researchers is the Kaufman County web page. It is the the best I have seen yet. There is a lot of info there. Go to www.rootsweb.com/~txkaufma (copy and paste exacty the way I typed it). Once you get there enter any relatives name in the search engine. There are marriage and birth records as well as census records. Many local genealogist (such as I) have enumerated the cemeteries and some have taken time to copy other sorts of records. At the library there are books by Linda Harwell which list old obits. I searched Lauras name on the web page and found a birth record for a Margie R. Daugherty to David and Laura "Mattie" Brooks on December 3, 1896. Then I found a couple of people buried in the Kaufman City Cemetery/ also referred to as the Pyle Cemetery. Laura Daugherty 1873-1935 and Dave Daugherty 1889-1964 (this date may be wrong unless maybe he is her son?). I am unsure if these are in any relation to you or not. Let me know if I can be of any help to you.

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy