Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Lost Census Records
In Response To: Re: Lost Census Records ()

I hear you Deloris, I've since searched for neighbors who lived near my grandparents on earlier census and have found one or two of those families in 1930, but since I don't know their story its hard to gauge who or how many towns/people got missed. I just assumed that by 1930 most of the gilches with the census would have been straight (and you know what happens when we assume). I was just so looking forward to being able to share these records with family still living only to have to tell them they were missed; interestingly enough the conversations with relatives later did lead to more information that I was previously not privvy too. They thought of more towns that the family had lived in so I had to go back to the history of the counties as new counties were formed from several others so had to search those other surrounding areas for those town..haven't found the family yet but it did show me a map of how my family traveled and how their migration patterns led to places they are now. But will keep looking. Thanks for the info. Angel

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy