Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Cumberland Co., NC Research surnames in co?

Hi Regina,

Thanks for the information. I have tracked Manual on the census from 1870 to 1910. I hoped that his death certificate would show the city or town in North Carolina where he was born or how long he lived in Fayetteville. Since neither was listed on the death certificate, I'll have to do some more work to track my ancestors from slavery to freedom.

I think his wife Sylvia outlived Manual, and her death certificate might give me more information about where in North Carolina they originated. Sylvia and Manual had about a dozen children including my great grandfather Isham whose name is misspelled on the census. Isham died when my grandmother was very young, probably between 1890 and 1900. So, there is almost no information readily available on him.

There are several avenues I have not explored yet including newspaper research and Cumberland County records that are available through the Family History Centers.

Thanks again for your information, and I appreciate any other suggestions you may have.

Good luck in your research.

Diana

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy