Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

EasternCemetery UPDATE

I read somewhere on here that someone from U of L has all personal records from people who was burried there. Also a few people contacted me saying this person also has all personal documents and remains. This is false. My mom, aunt, and myself were there not that long ago. We found human remains and people's personal info. We took a lot of pics and We had WHAS 11 News Team out there, and they did a story. Not one that we really wanted, but we have noticed alot of people coming up there now looking for their family. We also discovered tombstones that were dated back in the late 1800's that are just sitting down in the basement of the chapel. We were told that they state now owns Eastern and that a charity does come up there and cut grass..HAHA.. It is such a mess and I find it upsetting. There are tombstones underneath trees and bushes and you wouldnt know they were there if ya didnt look. Also We found awhole lot of US soliders graves and they are sinken cause they have no foundation, and you have to dig to find their stones. I think it is sad that they fought for us and this country and people dont know they are there. We have so many pics that are just so depressing. I wish I knew what I could do about getting a group of volunteers to help clean this up and keep it that aways.

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy