Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Heritage Quest free thru local libraries ?

I have remote access to numerous libraries that have access to Heritage Quest. Maybe one of the below suggestions will work for you.

You may want to call the library that has remote access to Heritage Quest and see if there is a way for them to give you a library card to allow access.

Does your library card allow 'priviliges' at libraries in other jurisdictions? From my one library card in Montgomery County, MD, I am able to get library cards to at least all libraries in the county, Enoch Pratt in Baltimore, all libraries in DC, and 5 counties in VA. Most require me to get a card for their particular jurisdiction, which then opens even more doors to other libraries as well. Most of these have access to Heritage Quest and allow patrons to access it remotely.

See if yours has similar relationships with other libraries and then see if one of the jurisdictions has the free access to Heritage Quest or other services you seek.

If you happen to work in a jurisdiction other than where you live, sometimes the local library will let you get a card there as well.

Check your local colleges as well. Some allow "community" cards for a small fee. Don't forget your alma mater's library as a possible source.

Good luck,
Damita

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy