AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum
Re: What is your most interesting discovery?
In Response To: What is your most interesting discovery? ()
Congratulations on starting your family tree! One of my discoveries was how this research has become a lifetime committment for me. I've also discovered:
1. How valuable afrigeneas is as a resource. The people on here are great and very helpful in pointing you in the right direction.
2. The value of preparing for my genealogy research visit to the State Library and Jones Memorial library. My first visit was overwhelming, as I was researching about 3 lines at the time.
3. My great-grandmother also had 13 children and was married 5 times. This created some difficulty in finding her maiden name and parentage of her children.
4. How valuable my parents and aunt/uncles were in my research. It's amazing how much information you can find out once you get them talking.
5. The number of "branches" in my tree that I know absolutely nothing about. I'm encouraged and very excited to research and learn more.
Also, the Pittsylvania Genealogy Society is a valuable resource, if you choose to continue researching your gggg-grandmothers line. I have several family members that still reside in the Chatham/Gretna area.
Best of luck to you.
Messages In This Thread