Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Share in the NORRIS Joy, TEXAS!

Hello, Everyone!

I have been pratically living on this site since I first found it last year in October. With all of the wonderful help that I've received from Afrigeneas Angels I have been able to trace my family so far back to 1838 in South Carolina.

As a result of this research of my family tree, poking here, proding there, this past Mmorial Day weekend I received a call from a Cousin in Dallas that I didn't know from the man in the moon. I've been in FAMILY Heaven for the past week! My phone never stops ringing and it's always a 903 (Marshall, TX) or a 213 (Dallas, TX) area code on caller id and another relative to say "Hi, I got your number from so and so and i'm just so glad that we found you!" My feet haven't touched the ground yet.

I was hoping to have a NORRIS Family Reunion next year from all of the info that I've found only to find that there will be one THIS YEAR, in August in Dallas and it's the 4th one! Can you imagine that? They only have the history for one of the sibblings that we all descended from but, GUESS WHAT?

Because of the wonderful people at Afrigeneas, with a special shout out to Dawn Owings and Vicky Davis . . . I now have quite a bit of history about six of the other sibblings that were all born between 1859 in South Carolina and 1930 in Marshall, Texas! They can't wait to see all that I've found and it's because of this site that I'm in possession of all this wonderful treasure!

I just had to share that with you because you helped me to make it possible! YOU have given me more new family members that I never knew existed than a heart could hope for!

God Bless and stay tuned because I have a feeling I'll be on this site constantly up until I go to print with my little family info booklet.

P.S. I love the idea that Afrigeneas now has a place to post family photos. Please check there within the next week because I plan to post a few photos of some ofthe older relatives that you helped me find. I want you to be able to put a face to the names you've chased down for me.

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy