Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: dunn family in mississippi
In Response To: dunn family in mississippi ()

Hello,

I see what you are saying. Now looking at your Thomas Dunn in the 1930 cenus, it says that his age is 45 and it also says that his age at first marriage is 20 so that means he first married around 1905 or so. Seeing that Gertrude is only 25 we can assume that Gertrude was not his first wife.

So I looked in 1910 and found a Thos.(its listed as Thos.)Dunn in Bolivar Co. Miss. This Thomas is 21 and born in 1889 in Miss. His wife's name is hard to make out but it looks like Emmie or something like that. And it states that they have been married for 2 years which puts his marriage age at 19 or so which would have been around 1907 or so. No children are listed. So this could be him. The age is 3 or for years off from your Thomas Dunn in 1930 which is not unusual.

Now here is where its get interesting. A few houses away from this Thos Dunn in 1910 is a Allen Dunn who is widowed and is age 52. I looked on the county map for Miss. and saw that Bolivar Co is just one county over from Panola County. But here is where it gets kinda strange, I checked 1920 for Allen Dunn and found a Allen Dunn age 40 in Bolivar county but also it lists him as having a son name Thos. S. Dunn who is 28 and is single. Now lets examine this, if Allen is really 40 at this time then he fathered Thomas at age 12, so we can assume that this age is wrong unles this Thomas was adopted or something like that.

So I then checked for Allen Dunn in 1900 and he is in Bolivar Co. It states that he is 30 and being born in 1869. He is living with wife Rosa. However, there is no children listed. Now your Thomas would be between 12 and 15 years old at this time but he not listed here with this Allen so it is unknown where he is in 1900.

Your thoughts,

Tony

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy