Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: West Virginia Vital Records
In Response To: West Virginia Vital Records ()

Mr. Barnes:
The archives has put information on the site for certain years for certain counties. For instance, Greenbrier has deaths from 1917-1955 but no births or marriages. I research in two ways. First, you can put the surname you are seeking in the space for last name & then pick the county. If it is a common surname I do it that way. If it is an uncommon surname I look at all counties. Second, I was looking for a Cora & didn't know the surname so I just put *Cora* in the place for first name & I asked to search for all counties & everywhere where the name Cora showed up it showed me those certificates. Also, for the name Callender for instance, which is spelled in various ways I just put Cal* in the space for surname & it showed me all of the spellings. I would encourage anyone from Virginia to put their surnames in b/c usually a least one parent was from Virginia. I'm not sure what fields of the certs it puts in the database to pull up names in this manner but the site has been wonderful for my research & I hope it is for yours as well. Good Luck!!
Carol

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy