Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Brown, Hardy, Dallas, Texas

I couldn't find 'Hardy' in the census records. With a name like Brown, it was difficult to search by surname and approximate birth date. I decided to look for the Grays instead.

In 1920, I find a Bob (b. 1864, TN) and Mary Gray in neighboring 'Ellis County', Texas. In their household are two boys (grandsons) - Clinton and Robert BROWN. Another non-Brown grandson is in the household as well.

I went back to 1930. Bob (b.1864, TN ) and Mary (b.1874, GA) were still in Ellis County (Milford). They are living alone, but nextdoor is 'Minnie' Coleman with her new husband (Jeff). No sign of Robert or Clinton nearby.

In 1910, Robert (TN) and Mary Gray are in Dallas county (Dallas) with two of their children, including a 'Minnie Brown', married with two living children. [You guessed it, Robert and Clinton.]

In 1900, Bob (TN) and Mary Gray are in Navarro county (nearby Corsicana). Their two children, Sam and Minnie? are living with them.

The biggest unknown is Hardy's namd, at least another name he would have used for census, marriage, etc.
Death and marriage records could provide this information.
Of course, the divorce record would be also be valuable. Some are available online (free).

It is possible he was missed in one or more census records. Dallas City directories may show the names of possible parents or other relatives, if they really lived in Dallas. There are so many surrounding 'towns'...

I figure he had to meet his wife somewhere. I would start with 1910 Dallas County.

Follow the link for just one of my fav Dallas sites.

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy