Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: To Hal.
In Response To: To Hal. ()

Denisia,

I do not know any of the Corums that you mentioned. I am only assuming that the Elizabeth Corum in the Margaret Corum household is my grandmother. I do this because next door to her lives a Thomas Jackson in the household of a Henry Jackson.

My grandfather was named Thomas who had a father by the name Henry. My grandmother is named Elizabeth Jane Corum. I am assuming that Thomas and Elizabeth hooked up with each other and married. The problem that I'm having is proving this. As you can see, this is in Prince William County township of Gainesville. My father told me that my grandfather was from Aldie in Loudoun County. I suppose that he and my grandmother went there after living in Prince George County. Another researcher Rocky Shaw who is also researching the Jackson family says that Henry and his wife Mary first lived in Loudoun County and then went to Prince George County and back to Loudoun. We think that we may be related because she is researching her gggrandmother whose name was Sophia. From the census, it appears that my grandfather had a sister named Sophy (Sophia). But, that's another story.

Maybe we can establish some relation of my Elizabeth with some one who you're researching. How frustrating and yet how exciting.

Hal

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy