Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Photo Double Take.......
In Response To: Photo Double Take....... ()

Regina,

I hope you went to your neighbors house and showed the photo. You might be able to know where in Africa your family is from.

Essence several years ago did an article on a lady who traced her family back to Ghana and in the mag they showed a photo of her and a distant counsin and you could see the two looked alike. My mom went to a seminar (sponsored by the Council for Negro Women) and the speaker was an African woman and she said that she could tell by face shapes where many of the audience's ancestors were from.

I have travelled to a few countries and I have found that in a few of the African countries certain 'groups' have the same faces, meaning you can tell what nation (tribe) they are from or what country they are from. For me the biggest is the Fon of Benin, many women from Morocco, you can tell most Ethiopians/Eritreans, Somalis. Even Europeans Dutch are known for being tall and thin while the Germans are known to be short.

I wish I had a photo of someone who looked like an African-it would save me the $$ on a DNA test. Do you realise how lucky you are! WOW Where is your neighbor from what Nation (tribe)?

Peace

Mona

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy