Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Abington Twp, Montgomery, PA & Waugh Surname

I recently learned one of the families I am researching moved from Caroline County, VA to the Abington Twp, Montgomery County PA around 1910. I have looked them up in the census records etc using Ancestry.com. I am not familiar with PA, so I called the Abington Free Libary to find out what resources they had availble for people performing genealogy research. THe person said she would have to look into it and for me to call her back later.

Is anyone familiar with Abington Twp, Montgomery, PA? Does anyone know of a newspaper where people would have published obituarias from 1910 on? Does anyone know of a resources that would be helpful in performing genealogy research for this area?

The family I am researching is: Henry and Susan Waugh. Susan's maiden name was Woolfolk. They married in 1886 in Caroline County, VA. Henry was born in Orange County, VA and Susan was born in Spotsylvania County, VA.

In the 1900 census they are living in Caroline County, VA with their children: Lizzie and Rose. In the 1910 censis they are living in Abington Twp, Montgomery, PA with their children Lizzie, Rosie, Lucy A. and William H.

In the 1920, Henry's wife is Lucy and they have a daughter Lucy. I am not sure what happened to Susan. THere is also a boarder Delia Waugh living with them. She was born in VA.

In the 1920 census there is a Rose Waugh married to a James Waugh. They have a son Clarence. Rose is the age that Henry and Susan's daughter would be, but I am not sure if this is the same person. William H. Waugh is living with them. I believe this is Henry and Susan's son and Rose brother.

If anyone has any information genealogy resoruces for Abington Twp, Montgomery, PA or PA in general as well as the Waugh family, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy