Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Bristol/Bristal Surname

I have just received information that tells me that my Great Great Great Grandparents were named Marnerva and Oliver Bristol. I do believe that they were born in North Carolina, South Carolina or one of the Caribbean Islands (possibly Barbuda) I know that Oliver and Marnerva had a daughter named Abbie Bristol that married Tom Wilson. She was born about 1847 possibly in the Scott Hills area of Kershaw, South Carolina.

If anyone is researching this surname, please be so kind as to share your Bristol family history with me, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance :)

fyi..... I received this information from the Death Certificate of my Great Great Grandmother, Abbie Wilson. It was more than a pleasant surprise that her parents names were listed :) It takes me one step closer to making that connection 'back home'

I mention the island of Barbuda, because my mom told me that her grandmah told her, that her grandmah told her stories about eating out of a trough next to the pigs and that they were from the Caribbean Island of Barbuda. So I have a 50/50 chance that this is the correct line. Fingers crossed!

Messages In This Thread

Bristol/Bristal Surname
Re: Bristol/Bristal Surname

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy