Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Gainesville, VA Blacks in the Washington Post

Hi Lee et. al.,

Last Friday I posted about needing guidance. Lee Cook gave me a site concerning Balcks selling long owned property in Prince William County and then he said good luck. Well, luck and Providence may have taken place. Rocky Shaw responded by e-mail concerning the post and left the following message:

Hi Hal

I have not talked with you for a while. I read that you plan on going to Gainesville while in VA. The county seat is in Manassas. The address of the courthouse is 9311 Lee Ave. Manassas, VA 20110. Telephone: 703-792-6028. They are open Monday thru Friday 8:30 to 4:30 p.m. You may want to call before going there to make sure they have old records on file. I am at work right now, but for some reason, I think I came across a date for the marriage of Thomas Jackson and Elizabeth Corum. I still think that Thomas was a brother to my GGGrandmother, Sophia.

I am in Hampton, about 3 hours south of Manassas. When you get in town, give me a call. My godmother is a Corum and I have a lot of information on them. There a still a lot of Corum's around the Loudoun, Prince William and Fairfax counties. My numbers:

Rocky Shaw home - work -

cell -
Talk to you then

Rocky

For privacy reasons, I left the phones out.

Rocky ad I have been corresponding off and on for awhile concerning the names CORUM and JACKSON. Now we find that there may be a possibility of being related. BUT, THE WIERDEST THING IS THAT SHE LIVES IN HAMPTON,VA WHERE MY SISTER LIVES AND WHERE I'M GOING NEXT WEEK TO CELEBRATE MY SISTER'S AND BROTHER-IN-LAW'S 50TH ANNIVERSARY.

Now I would never have been in touch with Rocky if were not for Afrigeneas.com. WE ARE FAMILY!

Hal

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy