Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Negro Baseball - Texas

I know this maybe a long shot but were there any Negro Baseball teams in the Paris, Texas area? I have been talking to some of my relatives and they seem to remember going to baseball games were some of my relatives played. I am not sure if they were in league, barnstormers (exhibition players) or just locals players. I am looking for information on the Paris Tigers (later changed to Paris Brown Sox) i.e. Rosters, pictures, newspaper articles, etc.

Their names are: FRAZIER: Tillman, Sr. (my grandfather), his sons: Ennis, Orzo (my dad) and Cleo, Tillman, Jr., Melvin, Earnest, Earl and Lewis B. Lamar county, Texas is full of Fraziers', I am just starting with these few names.

If there is some information available about them, I will pay for copies and postage.

As always, I appreciate any assistance and suggestions you may have. I have sent this same request to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum as well.

Thank you in advance for your time and patience in fulfilling this request. You email me at magma64@hotmail.com.

Maggie

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy