Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: We Are The Chosen
In Response To: Re: We Are The Chosen ()

I have enjoyed reading all of the responses from all of you. And Joseph, I agree the comments have been very serious--mine will be as well.

When I think how lonely the struggle is when we(many of us) are the only ones in our families struggling to get our stories on paper. Can you imagine how quickly some of our brickwalls would crumble if we just had a few family members who would assist in scrolling through a few census sheets, looking up birth/death certificates at the courthouse that is 15 minutes from their homes and a plane ride for us--or for that matter if they would just return an email when questions have been asked?

I have cheered, teared, and smiled at the success stories from the Afrigeneas family.

And, when you have a surname such as PETTEWAY (which is not all that common) and cannot find a single person that you can connect with on a single mailing list for 5 years because you have no idea how you connect to any of the Petteways in North Carolina (no death certificates, no siblings with death certificates or children)! One could become discouraged. Can I get a witness?

When things seem not to go my way, at least it is encouraging to come here and read the success stories of others! We may have been chosen by divine providence or nominated ourselves, but thank God we headed the call. The whole may never be told, but there will be more told than when we began the journey!

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy