Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: We Are The Chosen
In Response To: Re: We Are The Chosen ()

April and Cynthia, you both have hit the nail on the head! We are an odd, but loveable lot aren't we?!! LOL!!

I was supposed to be going to South Carolina this weekend for what will surely be a great family reunion on my Stephens/Stevens side, uniting white Stephens with us. I won't be able to make it, but there was a reunion of another branch of the family the beginning of the month, and my mom said someone called her and told them that they were excited that I was coming in July. That's the first time I've heard of someone being anxious to see me for research reasons! There's another reunion in August, and I'm hoping I'll be able to attend.....if not, it wasn't time yet for me to be there.

My husband laughs at me because I keep looking for the same folks.....trying to link certain pieces so people will be able to say "they used to say we're all just cousins, but now we know how we're cousins!"

Ha! On the 4th of July, we had my folks over and my step-daughter came running in the room to squeal on my mom! It seems that she wasn't happy that my dad's family's pictures were up on the wall as you enter our home. Now her family is represented there also, but more so in what I call my Peaceful Room. So what does she do but go into the Peaceful Room, take a big 11x14 picture that I have of her grandparents, take it off the wall and bring it into the living room, moved some of my dad's family pictures over and placed it in front of them!!! My first thought was to be angry, but then I made light of it, and told her it didn't fit there proportionately, started laughing and told her how hard it was for me to hang it where it was! Then I put it back in the Peaceful Room.......but it's funny how she like others I've heard here, will not "remember" something till I've discovered it! Then will add what's needed to make the thought, or finding complete!

One of the greatest compliments I've heard was when I speaking to an older cousin who knew my Uncle Jesse, who knew everything....We were talking on the phone one day, and she said, "my goodness, you sound just like Uncle Jesse". She couldn't see how big my smile was through the phone lines!

Anyway, I don't know why we're the Chosen Ones, and I don't know who will pick up my torch one day, but I know this longing to find them will go on as long as I do.....
Yo

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy