Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: We Are The Chosen
In Response To: Re: We Are The Chosen ()

Here on Afrigeneas is where I find the words for what drives me to do this. All of you understand. For the life of me I cannot understand the indifference I face in family. The anger I get from some seniors. And the 'Well just humor her. But don't tell her anything important'. So in order to quench this 'need to know' I have to play the game. I play 'crazy so to speak'. I purposely give a little information that has a bit of wrong. Nobody knows everything I find. I make them curious enough to give me something so they can get something. Somebody down the line tells somebody and it will come back to me 'corrected'. For years I asked for COPIES of pictures of the deceased. I knew where they were, and who had them. Kept being told there were none. Now I as a little girl and the 1st born, I was one of the people who held the camera and took certain pictures. I knew they had not been destroyed because the person who owned the camera kept their stuff in a safe place. This senior is in bad health so it is so important to get what I can now. Behind the couch at this house the 'wife' forgot she had hid these books. She requested her son to move the couch so she could clean. He found them and immediately told me. Pictures FOUND. I saw the faces and recognized my great aunts, grandmother when she was young, and great uncles. HELLO. Ancestors will help when the time is right. Needless to say the aunt had to stop lying. I copied them immediately at kinko's and brought them back. Now that she doesn't have something that I want, she has decided to send me the originals. 10 years I waited for this. I am naming on the back of each picture full names and storing them in an acid free box. It seems all are afraid that I will write stuff about their indisgretions. We verbally discuss that. I don't feel the need to do this. But you can see in some of their faces the guilt they have about their past. They have to live with that. I am looking for the DEAD not the LIVING. I keep saying that.
So I am leaving 'footprints in the DIRT' so the future researcher can TELL THE STORY.

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy