Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Church Black History Quilt Project

Hello everyone

Each year I try to do a black history project with our children at our church. This year I chose to do a black history quilt that is make out of all paper products. I got all the congregation to participate. I made squares for them to decorate and put whatever they wanted on their squares that relates to them and the history of them at our church. They came up with some awesome designs. It is turning out way better than I expected. it was a hearfelt experience in putting it together and remember the ones who had passed away.

We were supposed to display it on the last Sunday in February, but we had a couple of snow Sundays where many were unable to attend to now our revealing day is on next Sunday the 22. I am so excited about this.

Here is a sneak peek at what it is looking like so far. After Sunday I will post the final picture of it. This was an awesome experience and we will have to do this one again.

A shout out to Mt. Lebanon Baptist Church for making history in the construction of a black history quilt.

Regina

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy