Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

AfriiGeneas & Networking

The value and rewards of Networking can never be overstated. Here is a recent example of my fortunes and the value of Networking. This person, Ms. Karen Gutierrez, previously unknown to me, had been following my postings on the AfriGeneas website about the research of my Reno ancestors. This is the email I received from Karen with the attached images/copies of the Freedom Registration papers for my 3x cousin Francis Reno & his wife, Martha Reno as FPOC in the Iowa Territory dated 9 Oct 1841.
=========================
Karen's email:
Hi Art,

Hopefully this email will not end up in your junk or spam folder. If so, I will post a copy of the document on Afrigeneas. I ran across the above while searching for the same for my ancestor, Milton Howard/Smith (c1845, Muscatine County, IA-1928, Davenport, Scott, IA). I read on your site that you had not yet obtained a copy.

Good luck in your research!

Karen
===========================

I had a copy of Francis & Martha's marriage record from the Greene County, Ohio probate court on 11 Apr 1833 and census records of them being in Iowa from 1850 forward. I didn't realize until I saw the freedom registration paper that Iowa was not yet a State when they migrated to Iowa. Iowa did not become a State until Dec 1846.

Now, thanks to Karen I now have a more complete picture of the Reno's and their migration to the Iowa Territory in the early 1840's.

Keep networking and paying it forward.

Freedom Registration..... jacket cover & paper

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy