Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Harris Family of Woodville and Whitestown, MS

Looking for additional information about my Great Grandmother Nannie Harris Jackson... Her obit lists her parents as Lizzie Harris and a brother Eugene Harris which I don't believe is correct... Lizzie was born in 1864 and G-Grandmother Nannie was born in 1864... Lizzie Kellogg Harris was married to a Eugene Harris.

Let's skip forward my Grandmother's obituary which lists a sister Mrs. Estelle Washington and a brother Orin Harris, from my research Estelle and Orin are my grandmother’s cousins. Yes, they are the children of Lizzie Kellogg Harris and Eugene Harris. (This is another reason to write your own obituary and leave it for your love ones).

I need G-Grandmother Nannie’s true lineage… Oh, and I can’t find her in 1870 or 1880 as a child in Woodville. I first find her in Woodville when she marries Beauregard Jackson in 1881 (they would divorce before 1900) parent’s names not listed but they were married by the Rev Ambrose Harris of Whitestown, MS (unable to prove family connection). I find her in New Orleans from 1900 until her death.

Lizzie and Eugene Harris had a large family, also Rev. Ambrose Harris had a large family so what I seek is out there somewhere, just need to find it!

Are any of these individuals from Woodville/Whitestown, MS; in your family tree? Do you have any suggestions for me on how to proceed?

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy