AfriGeneas Writers Forum
Re: Writing Goals for 2007?
In Response To: Re: Writing Goals for 2007? ()
Thanks George for putting yourself out there. Writing them out and going back to remind ourselves might help to keep us on track.
1. Have you set writing goals for 2007?
A. Finish my novel
2. Do you want to write for publication or to you just want to write for personal satisfaction?
Both. I definitely want to get more things published but I am finding writing for the pleasure of writing has its own rewards.
3. Are you writing your family history? Do you plan to write and publish a manuscript of a collection of family and/or memoir stories?
Yes, I am slowing writing a family history. I am compiling profiles, oral history stories and anecdotes. I don't know what the final product will be must for now I'm trying to get it down on paper.\
4. What are your plans to reach your goals?
A writing partner has agreed to be my "coach". She has put me on a schedule for my novel.
5. Do you plan to take any writing courses or attend any workshops or plan to seek out a writing/critique group?
I have taken many writing courses and attending many workshops and prestigious writing programs. That's not to say I know it all; by no means but at this point it is all about sitting bottom to chair and doing the writing.
6. Are you new to writing and need advice on how to get started?
No. I have compiled a resource list that I used in a writing workshop back in the fall that might be of help to those getting started. I am in the process of updating to included genealogical resources.