AfriGeneas Writers Forum
CFP: AAAHRP Third Annual Conference
Call for Papers for the AAAHRP Third Annual Conference
The Association for African Americn Historical Research and Preservation
AAAHRP welcomes submissions from scholars; professional and avocational
Conference Theme: “Reexamining the History Books: Uncovering and Discovering the Black Experience.”
AAAHRP is particularly interested in proposals for papers, panels, workshops and innovative presentations on the following subjects:
* 18th and 19th century African American/African leaders
* Organizations including, but not limited to, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE), the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), the Black Panther Party for Self Defense, the Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters; and the Universal Negro Improvement Association (UNIA)
* African American and African writers (including playwrights)
* Black newspapers and their publishers
* Race “uplifting” publications
* “Colored” women’s clubs
* Culture and history of African nations
* Relations between American Indians and Africans in America
* Pacific Northwest (including Alaska) and far West Black history
Proposals for other topics within the scope of the conference theme are also desired. The conference committee also has a strong desire to expand the dialogue established during the successful “On Africa” session at the AAAHRP 2nd Annual Conference.
Abstracts should be no longer than 2 or 3 paragraphs (12 point font).
Please note that the time allotted for individual paper presentations is, in most cases, 20 to 25 minutes.
If you plan to submit a proposal for the 2006 conference, it is highly
Advance Notice: As soon as practical
Please pass this information widely and freely. Visit www.aaahrp.org for additional information.
Messages In This Thread