AfriGeneas States Research Forum
[SC] Pond(s) Family in Lexington Co., SC
I am looking for any information about Thomas Pond (my great-grandfather's brother) who died in Contra Costa County November 1, 1948. His wife was Minnie Curtis. They were from South Carolina. Thomas' brother Cromwell died in Alameda County, California. Their brothers George and Backey (John Bascom) lived and died in Conway County, Arkansas. The sister, Alice Boozer, wife of Richard Boozer also lived and died in Conway County, Morrilton, Arkansas. The 2008 Family Reunion is fast approaching (June 21) and I and would like to update and add to the information about other family members that is available.
I am looking for information about the descendants and family of two of my great-grandfather’s brothers who were born in South Carolina . (My great-grandfather was John Bascom Pond(s) who settled in Conway County , Arkansas)
1) Thomas Pond(s) was born December 1874-78 in Lexington County , SC to Mark and Francis Lytes Pond. Thomas lived in North Richmond at 15265 – 4th Street and was married to Minnie. He died November 02, 1948 in Martinez . He was in Lexington County with his family at the 1880 census. He moved to North Richmond in 1938. I don’t know where he was the 30 years in between. He may have worked for the railroad.
2) Cromwell Pond(s) was the other brother. He was born December 23, 1878 in South Carolina . In 1918 he lived at 7204 Highland in Kansas City , Missouri and worked as a Pullman porter for the railroad. In 1920 he lived in Salt Lake City , Utah where he was still working for the railroad. I don’t know where he was in 1930 – I couldn’t find him anyplace. He died November 23, 1941 in Alameda County , California . I don’t know if he ever married. All of the correspondence between Uncle "Crom" and the family was destroyed in his grandniece’s house in Missouri .
3) Bascom Pond was my great-grandfather. He was born in 1868 in Lexington County, SC. He moved to Conway, Arkansas where he married Ida Armstead, became father of two children and many descendants.
4) Alice Sawyer Boozer who married Richard Boozer who lived in Conway County and died in Pulaski County, Arkansas, Her children included Agnes or Annie, Moses Davis (Father" Nathan Davis), Richard Jr. and another son.; George Pond(s) married Ida Swaggert. He lived and died in Arkansas . He was the father of two sons one of whom was the father of ten children. The unknown family members are Lizzie, Mary, and Estelle. Moses father was Nathan Davis and all of the other children were Boozers. Hattie Boozer Thornton, John Hampton Boozer, Lemuel Boozer Thornton were all Richard Boozers siblings.
5) There were three Pond sisters born in South Carolina: Estella, Mary, and another one. I have no idea what happened to them.
Any information about these relatives and their history or whereabouts would be greatly appreciated. My cousin wrote a book about the Pond(s) family we knew but had to omit information on the unknowns and details about Tom and "Crom."