AfriGeneas States Research Forum
[SC] POND(S) & LYTES FAMILY FROM SC
I give up and then I start again. It just seems impossible that no one knows this family. They lived in Lexington County in 1880. They may also have lived in Batesburg - not sure. Three settled in Conway County, Morrilton, Arkansas; two lived in California and the others I have no clue. The two in California's information is sparse. I am from the Arkansas line. Here is what I have.
1. Alice Sawyer Boozer. Spouses or partners: Nathan Davis and Richard Boozer, Sr.. Children
2. George Ponds .Spouse: Ida Swaggert from South Carolina
3. John Bascom Ponds (Backy). Spouses: Ida Armstead from TN. (my great-grandparents). married Ella Mason from TN after Ida died. John Bascom and Ida’s children were
4. Lizzie Ponds. Don’t have any information about her.
5. Thomas Pond . Spouse: Minnie Lee Curtis from SC. Lived and died in California. Children?????
6. Mary Ponds. Don’t have any information about her
7. Estelle Ponds (the first Estelle): Don’t have any information about her. Backy named his daughter after her.
8. Cromwell Ponds lived in Kansas City, Missouri in 1917 when he registered for the draft and in Salt Lake City, Utah in 1920 where he was a pullman porter for a railroad company. He died in Alameda, CA. Had no wife or children that I have found.
Our Pond(s) family history book is at the publishers now without benefit of the missing information. Any help with the Pond(s) - Lytes family greatly appreciated. Please email me.