I would like to add a few tips as well.
1. Keep the music playing - find varied styles, themes and artists. Avoid overly sensual themes.
2. Have plenty of experienced help on hand
3. Have plenty of handwipes, ice water and cold drinks(low sugar organic soft drinks are best)at the start of the event.
4. Start the event off on a very dignified warm note.
5. Give lots of hugs and cheek kisses
6. Keep the warm food warm and the cold foods cold.
7. Keep the bugs and mosquitoes at bay
8. Bring photos of the family
9. Have two events specifically for the toddlers and preschoolers to enjoy and parents to observe and take pictures.
10. Give out honest and sincere commendation to all.
11. If there must be drinking and some folks are not able to hold it well - Stress after hours drinking away from the family affair.
12. Play beautiful soothing upbeat music
13. Don't skimp of the qaulity of the food
14. Keep an upbeat motivational and spiritual tone throughout the event.
15.Avoid overlooking anyone when making acknowlegments.
When planning your family reunion make use of a concise and detailed planner that helps you plan, organize, manange and set the mood and atmosphere of the event.