Family Reunion Forum
Projects to keep interest
I wanted to let you know about some projects I started to keep the family interested and united between the reunions.
1. I started a family newsletter. I assigned one cousin to interview select family members quarterly. There is also a section that outlines and ancestor as well. click2mail.com is how we send out the newsletter to keep it easy and i just use a simple microsoft.com template for the newsletter.
2. Family website. www.spence-lowry.ning.com. it's more like a social networking site and you can create and customize it to your needs. it's free and perfect for uploading pictures and staying connected with family members who are online. You can also password protect it so only family can view it.
3. Planning family reunion 2011....What was I thinking...*smile*
4. using blurb.com to create a photo guestbook for the family reunion in 2009 and years to come.
5. Calling distant cousins randomly and weekly.
6. Create a database of address, numbers & birthdates using MS Access. If you have Access, download the template from microsoft.com. Makes it easy to keep track of everyone and updated on changes.
My goal is to get the family out of 1970 and into the present. There are so many possibilities with the family reunions. Hopefully with future changes, more family will attend.