AfriGeneas Free Persons of Color Forum
In Response To: Re: Rickman ()
First this FYI. I believe Jacky is aware of this. There is a settlement in Mercer County, Ohio called Carthagena. Two of the prominent surnames/families in this settlement are RICKMAN and BANKS.
Fountain and Nancy GOINGS LYLE have a son Nathaniel who married Averta Cynthialirelda RICKMAN.
Celia is Celia GOINGS.
The main Rickmans I have on my tree were interesting enough not the above listed Rickmans- that I know of (I have not researched this yet). The Rickmans of Kansas were my grandmothers 1st cousins- and married into my Banks family in 1884 in Kansas. I only recently noticed that the Kansas Rickmans (From Tennessee) could possibly be related to the Rickmans of Indiana- when I started researching migration patterns and settlements of my Banks family.
I sent this out to my RICKMAN contacts sometime ago.
For my benefit I divide the RICKMAN family into the following
1) The Dresden/Chatham, Ontario, Canada RICKMAN family. Earliest
2) The Highland County/Carthagena, Mercer County RICKMAN family.
3) The Calvin Center, Cass County, Michigan RICKMAN family.
4) The Greenville Settlement, Darke County, Ohio RICKMAN family.
5) The Southern/Southeastern Indiana RICKMAN family.
The common thread among these RICKMAN families is Tennessee.
Messages In This Thread