> researching persons freed or free born in Loudoun County, in particular the part Lucas Family.
> Another freed family is the Jones/Hargrave family from Virginia who migrated to Belmont County, Ohio.
Do you know anything about a Jerusha=Jarusha=Gerusa LUCAS n=abt.1845 OH
m=David REDMAN=REDMOND n=abt.1832.
This David was a relative (but not a son) to the couple that raised him ...
Jesse REDMAN=REDMOND, Jr. n=25 Dec 1806 VA d=28 Feb 1892 OH,Ross-Co,Chillocothe
m=09 Nov 1836 OH,Ross-Co to Jane Catherine IVEY=IVY n=1816 VA,Sussex-Co
d=30 Dec 1904 OH,Ross-Co. They were FPOC & had no natural children of their own,
but they raised a few adopted or fostered children including a JONES.
Here are some census records for this family:
* 1840 Census of OH,Ross-Co for Jesse REDMAN (Elisha COLEMAN is on the same page);
* 1850/09/14 Census of OH,Ross-Co,Springfield dwelling#826 hh#833
- LDS-film#1255063, NA-film#T9-1063, p365b:
44 REDMOND Jesse n=VA occ=farmer (cannot read or write) (mulatto)
33 REDMOND Jane n=VA (mulatto)
18 REDMOND David (mulatto)
06 JONES John W. (mulatto)
08 FRY Joseph E. (black)
74 IVEY Hugh n=VA occ=farmer property=$2000 (father-in-law) (white);
* 1860 Census of OH,Ross-Co,Springfield:
* 1860 Census of OH,Scioto-Co (all mulatto):
VA ?? REDMAN David occ=running a boarding house
VA 16 REDMAN Gerusa
VA 26 REDMAN John (boarder)
VA 21 REDMAN Benjamin (boarder)
* 1870 Census of OH,Ross-Co,Springfield:
COLEMAN Elisha @82 (infirm);
* 1870 Census of OH,Scioto-Co:
REDMAN Jerusha @24 n=OH (mulatto);
Thanks for any help