AfriGeneas Free Persons of Color Forum
Re: Marriage Bonds/Marriage Register
In Response To: Re: Marriage Bonds/Marriage Register ()
Answers to questions.
1. Area - Cedar Creek.
2. Do not know.
3. Do not know of any other surnames at this time, I will have to talk to my mother again.
4. Do not know, except my mother told me family lived across the river (where ever that is).
5. Yes, I knew this, I am also searching family surnames on my father's side in Cumberland County for a number of years.
6. I have family in the area, but they are not interested in the history or they are not willing to seek it out.
7. Only through oral history from my great-grandmother, grandfather, my mother and other family members. My mother is getting older and I am trying to get as much information from her as possible. I have been talking to another person who has some family members with the Hayes surname in Bladen, New Hanover, Sampson and others, but I have not connected.
I know that sometimes people are listed as Mulatto, Black, Indian or white on census and they are of the African American race.
Are the FPOC marriages on microfilm?
I do have a sister who will coming up from Florida to help me try and solve this puzzle in a few weeks and I will tell her to go the courthouse there.
Messages In This Thread