AfriGeneas Free Persons of Color Forum
Re: REDMANs in from VA in Fayette County PA
In Response To: Re: REDMANs in from VA in Fayette County PA ()
OK Steve, I found that there is a lot of info about REDMONDs that are linked to your line. But as you pointed out earlier the biggest problem will be to tell these 2 Kenneth REDMONDs in the PA,Mercer area apart.
It looks to me like they were cousins ... so they will have the same DNA. They were both born within a year of each other & they both married within a year of each other. One died in 1982 & the other in 1992 ... do you know when yours died ?
Please do try to get confirmation from your uncle Walter about who his grandfather was (Stephen or Walter ?) or even who his uncles were.
I am going to go over the info I have collected in case it shouts something to you
One line is ...
.1 Walter B. REDMOND m1=30 Aug 1892 Annie L. CHAPEN m2=abt.1915 Julia HOSACK
* 1910 Census #13 of PA,Mercer-Co,Mercer,North-Ward roll#T624_1375 ed#165 p19b (all race=white):
* 1920 Census#14 of PA,Mercer-Co,Mercer roll#T625_1601 ed#68 p8a (all race=white):
The other line is ...
.1 Stephen=Steve B. REDMOND n=abt.1871 m=bef.1897 Minnie BOWMAN
* 1910 Census#13 of PA,Mercer-Co,Findley roll#T624_1374 ed#146 p14a:
* 1920/01/28 Census#14 of PA,Butler-Co,Slippery-Rock-Twp enumerated by John McCOY roll#T625_1544 ed#60 sheet9b line#71 dwelling#187 family#192 (all race=white):
I found their marriage info ...
* 1931/08/05 PA,Mercer-Co Courthouse marriage license for Kenneth A. REDMOND & Edith PALMER;
* 1930/03/17 PA,Mercer-Co Courthouse marriage license for Kenneth REDMOND & Rosanna Marie HEDGLIN;
Here are the 2 SSDI data for them ...
* Social Security Death Index for Kenneth A. REDMOND n=29 Jun 1909 ss#191-03-7103 issued=PA
* Social Security Death Index for Kenneth REDMOND n=14 Nov 1908 ss#211-03-8978 issued=PA
It is Stephen's family that has other connections to Slippery-Rock & Grove-City. I didn't find that for Walter's family. So I would theorize that Kenneth (son of Steven) is about 7 months older than Kenneth (son of Walter).
On the 1930 Census I could only find one of the Kenneths & it didn't help because he wasn't married yet.
* 1930 Census#15 of PA,Mercer-Co,Mercer roll#2077 ed#42 p6b:
Please let me know if you found the other Kenneth on the 1930 census !
Here is how the Kenneth cousins are related ...
.1 Thomas REDMAN=REDMOND, Sr. PA,Redstone PA,Redstone (now PA,Fayette-Co,Jefferson-Twp,Brownsville)
..2 James REDMOND n=abt.1795 m=bef.1930 Catherine CHRISTINE?
..2 Burwell=Burrell=Bunnel=Boyle=Boyd REDMAN n=abt.1801 PA,Redstone (now PA,Fayette-Co,Jefferson-Twp,Brownsville) m=Magdalena=Lena=Leana SMITH
..2 Andrew REDMOND medical=mute m=07 May 1839 Permelia LAW
Once we know which line is yours, I can fill in the siblings & obits & census info, etc.
Please do let me know any comments, questions, or corrections.
Messages In This Thread