Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at 120x60

AfriGeneas Brick Wall Forum

Re: Spivey dead end
In Response To: Spivey dead end ()

Since he passed in 1953 he should have a social security number. I would request a copy of his Form SS-5 application? You are required to give your fathers name & mothers maiden name. Be aware that he may not have known his mothers maiden name.

If his death certificate contains his SS#, it will cost about $16. If not it should cost about $27 to do any research and send it to you. It takes about 2 weeks to a month.

To expedite the request, I would go to Rootsweb, then the SSDI search and put in a name. Whatever comes back look to the far right and click on a basket. Capture or Print a request form. Update the form with your information, write a check for the proper amount and mail it.

Another option would be his marriage license or certificate for his parents name.

As I stated earlier he may not have known his mothers maiden name but his SS-5 and his marriage certificate has "his" direct input. The death cert. info is furnished by a third party.


18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy